openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Henry Zektser <japha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CRI-O support?
Date Tue, 14 May 2019 13:22:55 GMT
Dave,
I can confirm that approach works — I found that flag late last night :) It
deploys with a minor tweak to the nginx config, and I’m able to invoke
actions via WSK. Is there a downside to this over the host-mapped docker
socket? I presume performance?

On May 14, 2019 at 9:14:58 AM, David P Grove (groved@us.ibm.com) wrote:

Henry Zektser <japhar81@gmail.com> wrote on 05/13/2019 08:50:11 AM:

> I guess what I’m trying to articulate is that openwhisk-deploy-kube fails
> in the case of OpenShift 4. I wanted to get the groups thoughts and
> confirm I’m not missing anything before I try to hammer in CRI-O support
—
> which appears like it won’t be that easy.

Hi Henry,

It would be great if we could get openwhisk-deploy-kube to work on
OpenShift4.

I don't have access to an OS4 system to help you directly, but happy
to provide advice & help get fixes into the code to make it work.

I'd suggest for the first cut to use the KubernetesContainerFactory
instead of the DockerContainerFactory. This should avoid the invoker
problems. To do this, add the following to your mycluster.yaml for the
Helm template command.

invoker:
containerFactory:
impl: kubernetes