openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Dominic Kim <style9...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help answering last few Project Maturity Model Qs for graduation readiness
Date Tue, 21 May 2019 07:50:35 GMT
> [CS50] *All "important" discussions happen asynchronously in written form
on the project's main communications channel. Offline, face-to-face or
private discussions 11 that affect the project are also documented on that
channel.*

I feel this is obvious because most of the discussions have happened
asynchronously via a variety of channels such as Slack, Github, and dev
list. Even if some discussions happen in a private channel, history or
discussion results are also shared via Github and/or dev list. A critical
decision is made with a long enough interval such as 48 ~ 72 hours to give
time for all people get involved in the discussion without the inexpedience
which comes from the time difference(zone). All contributors are also
encouraged to work in the same manner.

> [IN10] *The project is independent from any corporate or organizational
influence.*
> [IN20] *Contributors act as themselves as opposed to representatives of a
corporation or organization.*

I mostly agree with Rodric. The project is moving forward based on
contributors from many different corporates, not one of them.
One small thing to note is, it seems there are still some IBM proprietary
resources such as "PG".
But it is also being(or already have) replaced by open CI environment,
Apache Jenkins VMs.
(If I misunderstood about PG, please rectify me.)

> [CO60] The community operates based on consensus of its members (see
CS10) who have decision power. Dictators, benevolent or not, are not
welcome in Apache projects.

This is relevant to my first answer. Since the project is an open-source
project, we give enough time to build consensus and make a decision based
on the silent assent just like most of Apache projects do.

Best regards
Dominic

2019년 5월 20일 (월) 오후 9:56, Rodric Rabbah <rodric@gmail.com>님이 작성: