openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Please include rcverify logs inline in vote emails
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2019 05:18:08 GMT
Hi,

Incubation mentor hat on - I've seen a few pastebin and similar links
to rcverify logs recently in VOTE threads.

I think it's much better to include those logs inline so that they end
up in ASF mail archives (*).

They are the kind of things that might be needed if for any reason we
want to to back to release votes later, and if logs are on external
systems there's no guarantee that they'll still be there.

I contributed two minor changes to rcverify recently which output the
scripts digest as well as the digests of the verified source archives
- this makes it absolutely clear what was verified and with which
version of the script, so if we include that output in the mail
archives that's a solid record of verification and voting.

-Bertrand