openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Matt Rutkowski" <mrutk...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Which Java image to use for Java ActionLoop?
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2019 19:40:49 GMT
I would prefer not going down this path (and would oppose it) as it took
great effort to validate the license pedigree and additional balk at using
anything packaged by a commercial provider.

Kind regards,
Matt

From:   "Michele Sciabarra" <michele@sciabarra.com>
To:     dev@openwhisk.apache.org
Date:   03/07/2019 11:34 AM
Subject:        Re: Which Java image to use for Java ActionLoop?

According the website

>A: Corretto is distributed by Amazon under an Open Source license at no
cost to you. It is licensed under the terms of the GNU >Public License
version 2 with the Class Path Exception (GPLv2 with CPE). Amazon does not
charge for its use or distribution.

I know it is NOT an Apache license but it is the JDK itself under this
license so there is no option.

So is it suitable?

--
  Michele Sciabarra