openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "David P Grove" <gro...@us.ibm.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] graduation from the incubator
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2019 22:06:38 GMT

I'd like to kick off a discussion to assess the project's readiness for
graduation from the incubator.

Per Rodric's recent stats [1], the community has developed nicely in terms
of code contribution.

We've released a number of software components following the Apache release
process.  We are in the midst of making our first "uber-release" across all
of our sub-components (expect at least 2 voting threads next week).

Overall I think the community is active.  Communication on the project
slack is frequent (avg of >160 messages a day) and is now digested daily to
the dev list. (See [2] for stats).

There are a couple procedural tasks we still need to complete, foremost
being the formal transfer of the OpenWhisk trademarks from IBM to the ASF.
But I think we can assume that these tasks will be completed and start
considering graduation in parallel.

Please share your thoughts,

--dave

[1]