openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Michele Sciabarra" <mich...@sciabarra.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] graduation from the incubator
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2019 06:02:43 GMT
Actually it looks to me pretty unusual that a project of this size has not yet graduated.

--
 Michele Sciabarra
 michele@sciabarra.com

----- Original message -----
From: David P Grove <groved@us.ibm.com>
To: OpenWhisk Dev <dev@openwhisk.apache.org>
Subject: [DISCUSS] graduation from the incubator
Date: Friday, March 15, 2019 11:06 PM

I'd like to kick off a discussion to assess the project's readiness for
graduation from the incubator.

Per Rodric's recent stats [1], the community has developed nicely in terms
of code contribution.

We've released a number of software components following the Apache release
process. We are in the midst of making our first "uber-release" across all
of our sub-components (expect at least 2 voting threads next week).

Overall I think the community is active. Communication on the project
slack is frequent (avg of >160 messages a day) and is now digested daily to
the dev list. (See [2] for stats).

There are a couple procedural tasks we still need to complete, foremost
being the formal transfer of the OpenWhisk trademarks from IBM to the ASF.
But I think we can assume that these tasks will be completed and start
considering graduation in parallel.

Please share your thoughts,

--dave

[1]