openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Rodric Rabbah <rod...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: change the default action context to omit api key
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2019 15:12:56 GMT
Thanks to all the input here and on the PR - I think we ended up somewhere
positive. Here's a summary:

1. for pre-existing actions that are already deployed, they're
grandfathered in and will continue to behave in a way where they receive
the api key on activation. This is done by detecting the absence of the new
annotation.
2. the annotation is added on newly created actions only.
3. on update of pre-existing actions, the annotation is not added.

The latest code which now passes all the previous and tests (for backward
compatibility is here):
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/pull/4284

-r