openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Prewarmed containers
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2019 10:42:32 GMT
Hi

They are configured by the operator that deploys OpenWhisk by editing the runtimes.json [1]
for example if you open the file you will see that nodejs6 look at the stemCell field it contains
the values 2 and 256mb.
This means that the invoker will always try to keep 2 containers of 256mb for nodejs6 as spare
and ready to receive a new invocation.

You can edit the runtimes manifest to declare stemCells for any runtime kind.

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/blob/master/ansible/files/runtimes.json

- Carlos Santana
@csantanapr

> On Feb 8, 2019, at 3:03 AM, Krzysztof Sobkowiak <krzys.sobkowiak@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I was reading some discussions and blogs about prewarmed containers, but I still have
no idea how to
> configure OpenWHisk to prewarm containers. I have seen a pull request, where some kind
of
> containers can be defined as prewarmed and a count of prewarmed containers can be defined.
Can