openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Michele Sciabarra" <mich...@sciabarra.com>
Subject Re: ActionLoop 1.0.2 with versioning and support for "more"...
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2019 20:14:37 GMT
The reason is to distinguish when there are significant changes. The runtime is now built statically
but the old one was not so if you want to use in an alpine images you have to use this version.
I do not plan to change the name all the time only when there are significant changes, and
should be rare. Using a v2 is fine for me.
--
 Michele Sciabarra
 michele@sciabarra.com

----- Original message -----
From: David P Grove <groved@us.ibm.com>
To: dev@openwhisk.apache.org
Subject: Re: ActionLoop 1.0.2 with versioning and support for "more"...
Date: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 8:18 PM

"Michele Sciabarra" <michele@sciabarra.com> wrote on 02/27/2019 02:04:19
PM:

> First and before all, I changed the name to actionloop-v1.0.2 so any
> build depending on it can retrieve the right version... (more
> version, if there is any potentially breaking change, will use a
> different name).

I understand the desire to change the name. I don't like embedding a full
semantic version into the image name (as opposed to the image tag).
Perhaps actionloop-v2 is an acceptable compromise?

We should be doing proper Apache releases of our runtimes and getting the
semvar into the image tags, not the image names.

--dave