openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Allen <...@akrabat.com>
Subject Re: [Long] I implemented websocket support for the Golang and related runtimes:
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2019 15:19:14 GMT

> On 22 Jan 2019, at 14:55, Michele Sciabarra <michele@sciabarra.com> wrote:
>
> I already designed and implemented the feature as being "completely optional".
>
> The point is if the community approves that runtimes may be used as websocket servers
(reusing the runtime machinery) deploying them in Kubernetes (they are docker containers after
all) or the community prefers that OpenWhisk Runtimes are meant to be used only within OpenWhisk.

I have to admit that I'm not really following the conversation as it's at a level to which
I have no knowledge.

I can't see why we would want an OpenWhisk runtime container to be limited to just OpenWhisk.
Why (and how) could we ever enforce that?

Key thing to me is that if was say we support it, then we test that it continues to work.

Regards,

Rob