openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Michele Sciabarra <mich...@sciabarra.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for "fixing" the Java Runtime
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2019 22:59:10 GMT
Yes I could try to measure J9. I am not sure how class caching works. I tried to use it in
my PoC and got confused so I resorted to "classic" openjdk.

--
  Michele Sciabarra
  michele@sciabarra.com

----- Original message -----
From: Jonathan P Springer <jspringer@us.ibm.com>
To: dev@openwhisk.apache.org
Subject: Re: Proposal for "fixing" the Java Runtime
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 22:29:46 +0000

Could we also take a look at our choice of runtime?  We moved to OpenJ9
rather than Hotspot because of the support for class caching, however
OpenJ9 is not available (yet) on the ARM64 architecture.  Since we’ve got a
benchmarking structure in place, can we compare and decide?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 7, 2019, at 4:35 PM, David P Grove <groved@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> Michele Sciabarra <michele@sciabarra.com> wrote on 01/07/2019 01:08:25
PM: