openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "David P Grove" <gro...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Staging environment servers
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2018 19:03:49 GMT

Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote on 12/06/2018 01:32:26
PM:

> From: Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org>
> To: dev@openwhisk.apache.org
> Date: 12/06/2018 01:33 PM
> Subject: Re: Staging environment servers
>
> On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 6:05 PM David P Grove <groved@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> > ...maybe the comment for the report is just that it took 5 months from
the
> > time Adobe made the financial donation to the ASF to the time that the
> > machines were actually made available to us...
>
> That's not what the report says IMO, but I'm aware of that. And yes
> that's disappointing.
>
> -Bertrand

I edited the point to say the following:

   4. The project is still working on establishing an open staging
environment to enable proper testing without depending on closed testing
infrastructure at involved companies. Unfortunately, even after finally
arranging a corporate donation to the ASF in June to support this need, it
took until late October for Apache Infra to finish provisioning the
machines.

--dave