openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: I created a variant of the go runtime that is faster at init time
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2018 10:00:07 GMT
Hi Michele

This is shaky ground and we don’t want to be the next npm horror story.

Technically speaking, at Apache we primarily release source packages, all binary is pure convenience.
Granted the convience today is what most people use.

So what we should primarily do, as Bertrand hinted, is have a contrib repository. We can still
have a contrib docker account into which the OpenWhisk PMC can regularly „dump“ binary
builds for convience. But it must be clearly stated that those are not releases, have no release
quality and all the usual disclaimers.

Regards
Felix

> Am 12.12.2018 um 10:55 schrieb Michele Sciabarra <michele@sciabarra.com>:
>
> Actually more than an account on GitHub it is important to have a docker hub account
named "openwhisk-contrib" so you can deploy an action with something like:

> wsk create myaction --docker openwhisk-contrib/actionloop-gccgo-v1.10
>
> To publish images, you can do sothing as simple as ask, maybe opening a ticket, to push
an image msciab/actionloop-gccgo-v1.10