openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: "nightly" releases of clis (was Graduation)
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2018 16:32:49 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 4:27 PM Carlos Santana <csantana23@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...Your suggesting that when we do the next source release with a new version
> of the CLI we always include a disclaimer clarifying that the nightly
> binary “latest” is not the released version it should not be use...

No - what I suggest is including on the OpenWhisk release management
page a note on the purpose of these nightly builds, so that current
and future (P)PMC members can refer to that and know what is what.

And also remove the confusing mixes of these nightly builds,
unofficial releases (which should not exist) and Apache releases like
at https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-wskdeploy/releases

-Bertrand