openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Michele Sciabarra <mich...@sciabarra.com>
Subject Re: I created a variant of the go runtime that is faster at init time
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2018 09:55:06 GMT
Actually more than an account on GitHub it is important to have a docker hub account named
"openwhisk-contrib" so you can deploy an action with something like:

wsk create myaction --docker openwhisk-contrib/actionloop-gccgo-v1.10

To publish images, you can do sothing as simple as ask, maybe opening a ticket, to push an
image msciab/actionloop-gccgo-v1.10
to  openwhisk-contrib/actionloop-gccgo-v1.10.

--
  Michele Sciabarra
  michele@sciabarra.com

----- Original message -----
From: Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org>
To: dev@openwhisk.apache.org
Subject: Re: I created a variant of the go runtime that is faster at init time
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 10:45:43 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 10:42 AM Michele Sciabarra
<michele@sciabarra.com> wrote:

> Indeed I was thinking to create a docker account  "openwhisk-contrib" to place those,
let's say, unofficial images.
> I am not sure who should own this account...

Accounts with "openwhisk" in their name should be owned by the
OpenWhisk (P)PMC as the name is a trademark of the Apache Software
Foundation - technically being donated as we speak IIUC but that
doesn't make a real difference.

However what we are discussing here IMO is code repositories as code
is what the ASF produces. I guess Felix's suggestion is to create one
or a few openwhisk-contrib-* Git repositories under
https://github.com/apache/ for such "contrib" modules.

-Bertrand