openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Steed <andst...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject Update KindRestrictor to merge namespace and default whitelists
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2018 02:48:13 GMT
Hello Whiskers!

I wanted to bring up a potentially breaking change to existing functionality for the KindRestrictor.
Given how recently this functionality was added, I do not expect this to affect others. However,
I would like to have any concerns or objections raised with the group sooner than later.

First, to give a little backstory. Previously, a feature was added<https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/pull/3661>
to support limiting the kinds that were allowed to be used when creating actions for a given
namespace, as well as support for setting a default whitelist for the overall system. In the
initial feature the whitelist set per namespace (if present) was used instead of the default
whitelist.

Now, I have opened a PR to adjust this logic<https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/pull/4114>,
such that the explicit namespace limit for allowedKinds is viewed as a complement to the default
system whitelist (if present). I have provided additional specifics in the PR description
including reasoning behind the need for this change.

Cheers,

Andy