openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Rodric Rabbah <rod...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Don't differentiate between blackbox and whitebox images
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2018 12:09:12 GMT
I think it would be a mistake to blindly merge two container pools - docker actions as run
today are pulled as needed and can take a long time, they’re subject to different kinds
of attacks, and can affect performance of other tenants (higher noisy neighbors).

If you want to allow more overlap, it should be at least done as a configuration parameter
which allows different pools to continue to exist (note that for small N as in local dev they’re
allowed to overlap today). Or, used for overflow only as a way of providing more elasticity.

-r