openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "David P Grove" <gro...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Logstore usage during `activation get`
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2018 17:48:46 GMT

Nick Mitchell <moosevan@gmail.com> wrote on 10/04/2018 12:06:14 PM:

> from a usability perspective, there is something quite attractive about
> having ready access to logs (and activation records generally)... while
> developing. i think most of the woes we encounter with logs come from
high
> volume actions (either exercised in prod, or during a high volume test)?

Nick, I agree with this, but I think it is separable from the question of
whether or not the logs are included in the activation API or if the
user/tooling needs to make a separate call to a logs API.

If we cleanly separated the two APIs, it might actually be easier to
provide higher-quality implementations of both of them by using the
appropriate backend technology for each.

--dave