openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Vincent S Hou" <s...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Instruction documented to release openwhisk projects under apache
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2018 14:13:45 GMT

Thank you, Bertrand.
The page has been updated.

Best wishes.
Vincent Hou (侯胜博)

Advisory Software Engineer, OpenWhisk Contributor, Open Technology, IBM Cloud

Notes ID: Vincent S Hou/Raleigh/IBM, E-mail: shou@us.ibm.com,
Phone: +1(919)254-7182
Address: 4205 S Miami Blvd (Cornwallis Drive), Durham, NC 27703, United States

-----Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote: -----
To: dev@openwhisk.apache.org
From: Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org>
Date: 10/09/2018 08:01AM
Subject: Re: Instruction documented to release openwhisk projects under apache

Hi,

(replying to dev@ only, no need for a private conversation here)

On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 9:49 PM Vincent S Hou <shou@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> ...I have documented the instruction to release openwhisk module under Apache as release
manager at
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENWHISK/How+to+release+OpenWhisk+under+Apache+as+incubator+project
..

thank you!

I have one comment on the voting, there are no vetoes in Apache
release votes, as per https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html
vetoes only apply to code changes.

So I suggest changing the "Go through the voting process" section to say

***
...both parties to pass the vote, as per
https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html

* the vote email needs to be open for at least 72 hours;
* at least 3 positive votes are received from the binding members,
which means PPMC members in OpenWhisk community and IPMC members in
Apache;
* there are more positive than negative binding votes;
* once at least 72 hours have passed, the vote is tallied in a
[VOTE][RESULT] message.

***

I don't seem to have karma to make those changes myself on that wiki page.

Of course, negative votes should be taken into account if possible,
even if non-binding.

But that's not a formal requirement - we think it's more important for
the project to be able to move forward if that's what a majority of
voters wants.

-Bertrand