openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Tyson Norris <tnor...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject Logstore usage during `activation get`
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2018 16:07:26 GMT
Hi –
I created this PR [1] due to noticing that `wsk activation get` does NOT return logs from
a LogStore which stores logs outside of the Activation entity.
But it bring up a question of: Does IBM or any other operator who might use a custom LogStore
desire to have logs included with `activation get`?
Currently returning logs is only possible using `wsk activation logs`

Personally, I think it is “nice” to have a separate explicit request for logs and activation
metadata, and this is the way that the current OW Activation API operates with regards to
an external LogStore (splunk, elk, etc), but after all it is inconsistent from the case where
logs are NOT using external storage.

WDYT?

Thanks
Tyson