openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Prabhash Rathnayake <prabhashth...@gmail.com>
Subject JIRA feed package for Openwhisk
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2018 06:16:36 GMT
Hi all,
I have developed a JIRA package for Openwhisk and planing to send a PR to
the openwhisk catalog.
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-catalog>
This can be used to access the JIRA APIs (similar to the github package in
the catalog)
These are the lifecycle events that I have defined in my package.

 >> CREATE Lifrecycle Event
      -This event occurs when we create the trigger in /whisk.system/ This
creates a webhook in JIRA and register the webhook endpoint to the trigger
url along with some auth information.
      -We can pass 'the event types of our interest' as parameters when
creating the trigger. Then the JIRA API will fire the trigger bound to that
webhook when one of those events occurred in JIRA (example events: creating
new issue, creating new project, assigning an issue to a member).
      -We can set a rule to connect a whisk action with this trigger so,
the action will be invoked when the trigger is fired.

>> DELETE Lifecycle Event
      -This occures when we delete the trigger from /whisk.system/ The
package will look for the webhook which is bound with trigger and delete
the relevant webhook from JIRA.

Also I have written some tests and deletion of webhook. It has to be
provided with the necessary credentials to run the tests.

You can find the sample repository for the implementation here
<https://github.com/prabhashthere/incubator-openwhisk-catalog>. Looking
forward for your suggestions and opinions.

Cheers!!

--

*Regards,Prabhash Rathnayake*
[image: https://www.linkedin.com/in/prabhash-rathnayake-627669137/]