openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Michele Sciabarra <mich...@sciabarra.com>
Subject A question about concurrency in OpenWhisk
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2018 11:06:45 GMT
I would like to understand a bit more how concurrency is handled by the Invoker.

If there are, say, 2 concurrent requests, can the invoker send the second request to the same
runtime BEFORE it has completed the first request? I have seen some tests related in the nodejs
runtime but none in the basic tests.

Also, Carlos mentioned the need to increase the concurrency in the same runtime. It can be
done but I need to know the requirements. So far I assumed that until a request is not completed,
the invoker will spawn another runtime to serve them.

--
  Michele Sciabarra
  michele@sciabarra.com