openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Chetan Mehrotra <chetan.mehro...@gmail.com>
Subject How to do basic validation of custom OpenWhisk deployment
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2018 13:39:25 GMT
TL;DR How to test that a custom OpenWhisk deployment is working as expected

The requirement is that I have a custom OpenWhisk deployment and I need to
do basic validation of this setup like action CRUD is working or not.
Looking at current test structure I believe it should be possible to
validate that by running the tests under system/basic.

Such a run should just need following config

1. Edge host url and port
2. Auth credentials for some test account
3. OpenWhisk home directory - To enable loading test artifacts

However if I try to run the basic test currently they seem to require some
other properties from whisk.properties. Based on trial and error below is
minimal set of props required

---------
edge.host=172.17.0.1
edge.host.apiport=443
testing.auth=/path/to/openwhisk/ansible/files/auth.guest
openwhisk.home=/path/to/openwhisk

# Props below should be optional
limits.actions.sequence.maxLength=50
whisk.ssl.challenge=openwhisk
whisk.ssl.cert=/path/to/openwhisk/ansible/roles/nginx/files/openwhisk-server-cert.pem
--------

Would it be fine to provide a test target which just work with initial 4
properties? Going further have them passed inline i.e. auth credentials
passed via env instead of first adding them to some file.

Chetan Mehrotra