openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Jenkins <rji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Asking opinions about "Learning OpenWhisk" a book from O'Reilly I am writing
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2018 17:44:48 GMT
Hi Michele,

I am someone who has been following this project closely --- but from a
distance.  If the opinion of a future user of OpenWhisk is helpful, here is
mine.
The TOC looks great.  Looks like all of the basics should be covered in
those sections.

The one thing I would recommend is to provide at least one complete working
sample.  For me, if I can get something up and running quickly and easily I
am more likely to dig in.  I am a developer so learning new things is
common,  a working example, even if very simple goes a long way for me.

If you need feedback from a potential implementer, I would be happy to
provide feedback in any capacity.

Best wishes and luck to you.

Randy Jenkins