openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Michele Sciabarra <mich...@sciabarra.com>
Subject Re: Promises (or equivalent) in Python and GoLang
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2018 09:13:15 GMT
Yes, understood. But some APIs, similar to Javascript API I think, are still needed. THere
are not yet, as there are not yet for Python as I see in the repo (and there is an open issue
to provide them).

--
  Michele Sciabarra
  michele@sciabarra.com

----- Original message -----
From: Markus Thömmes <markusthoemmes@apache.org>
To: dev@openwhisk.apache.org
Subject: Re: Promises (or equivalent) in Python and GoLang
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 10:07:15 +0200

Hi Michele,

commenting only on Golang: While there are packages available that provide
a similar API surface, they have very little adoption throughout the Golang
community.

In general, the mechanism to achieve concurrent processing in Golang is
goroutines (https://tour.golang.org/concurrency/1). The mechanism to
communicate results in an asynchronous way is buffered channels (
https://tour.golang.org/concurrency/3).

Any specific behavior you're after?

Cheers,
Markus