openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Matt Rutkowski" <mrutk...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: OpenWhisk Website Redesigned
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2018 12:59:27 GMT
Hi Vadim,

We cannot use the current page for a number of reasons, primarily because
it uses graphics and content that IBM licensed from other
companies/parties and uses a theme that is copied from IBM Bluemix.  The
new site is also consistent with the layout and behavior of most modern,
cloud technology projects such as Kubernetes, etc.  You can see some of
the analysis in the linked wiki notes and the content is loss-less between
old and new (and enhanced to a great degree).  Is there something specific
from the old site front page, content-wise, that we are missing?

-mr

From:   Vadim Raskin <raskinvadim@gmail.com>
To:     dev@openwhisk.apache.org
Cc:     dev@openwhisk.incubator.apache.org
Date:   08/03/2018 06:11 AM
Subject:        Re: OpenWhisk Website Redesigned

hey Priti and Matt,

I think this is a big improvement in terms of the site content, thank you
for doing that!
The only thing that I will be missing after this PR gets merged is our
current web site design. Probably you have already considered several
options, just asking to verify. Is there a way to reuse our landing page
as
it is now and build the new content around it?

regards,
Vadim

https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-website/pull/262

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENWHISK/OpenWhisk+Website+Redesign