openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Vincent S Hou" <s...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION]: Release plan of OpenWhisk 0.9.0 for all modules
Date Sat, 04 Aug 2018 17:21:11 GMT
Hi Rodric,

A group means nothing else but to release them together.
We can put any two or few projects together as a GROUP. We still release separate tar files,
even if they are in a group. Like in the mail thread for client go and cli, we still
release two artifacts:
The source code artifact of openwhisk client go can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.9.0-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-client-go-0.9.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz

The source code artifact of openwhisk cli can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.9.0-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-cli-0.9.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz

but they are in a GROUP.

The reason I want to group them is to avoid sending out 13 mail for votes. Instead, I only
need to send out 5 or 6. Don't get it complicated.

A GROUP is just a group, which does not mean the items have any interaction or mixture.

Best wishes.
Vincent Hou (侯胜博)

Advisory Software Engineer, OpenWhisk Contributor, Open Technology, IBM Cloud

Notes ID: Vincent S Hou/Raleigh/IBM, E-mail: shou@us.ibm.com,
Phone: +1(919)254-7182
Address: 4205 S Miami Blvd (Cornwallis Drive), Durham, NC 27703, United States