openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Rodric Rabbah <rod...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenWhisk Website Redesigned
Date Sat, 04 Aug 2018 13:56:12 GMT
> If that's correct, note that in general in Apache projects those
> people are called "Users", because they are users of the software that
> we produce, and the "Developers" are the people who write the
> OpenWhisk software that the ASF releases.
>
> With my incubation mentor hat on I would recommend using that standard
> terminology

the attached image is from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4_2gxTtLaQ
knative does a good job of defining the 4 personas: (end) user, developer
(package providers or integrators for openwhisk), operator (those deploying
and operating openwhisk for others), and contributors (those developing and
improving openwhisk itself).

i thought this was very nicely done.

-r