openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Markus Thoemmes" <markus.thoem...@de.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Proposal on a future architecture of OpenWhisk
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2018 16:34:50 GMT
I agree 100%!

In the face of intra-container concurrency we should go in fully and find a solution that
works even there.

Another slight wrinkle: Usually, the log-forwarder (whomever that may be) needs to know which
container belongs to which user to namespace logs accordingly. We cannot really set that on
the container itself, because there are pre-warm containers. The mapping of container ->
userr is immutable though, since we don't reuse containers for different users (today). It
would then be plausible to informer the log forwarder about the ContainerID -> user mapping
to make it do the right thing.

Note that this specific piece of information cannot really be part of the log's own context
since the user must not be able to change it.

@Tyson seems like you already put quite a bit of thought into this. Could you turn this into
a proposal in itself to discuss seperately?

Cheers,
Markus