openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Markus Thoemmes" <markus.thoem...@de.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Recover image pulls by trying to run the container anyways.
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2018 07:07:28 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for the clarification Rodric, wasn't aware of that. I think it still holds though that
"latest" should mean "always pull and inform me if you failed" vs. other tags meaning "it's
okay to swallow an occasional pull issue if that means my app runs just fine".

For future work, we could add the ability to pass digest information along with the image,
which'd enable us to locally verify the image vs. having to do a network roundtrip.

Any concerns on the behavioral change initially proposed in the meantime? Should we hold back
on the merge or can we go ahead?

Cheers,
-m