openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Rodric Rabbah <rod...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recover image pulls by trying to run the container anyways.
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2018 10:10:59 GMT
+1 to make the change - as noted this is for the better in terms of running docker actions
in prod.

-r

> On Jul 3, 2018, at 3:07 AM, Markus Thoemmes <markus.thoemmes@de.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the clarification Rodric, wasn't aware of that. I think it still holds though
that "latest" should mean "always pull and inform me if you failed" vs. other tags meaning
"it's okay to swallow an occasional pull issue if that means my app runs just fine".

> For future work, we could add the ability to pass digest information along with the image,
which'd enable us to locally verify the image vs. having to do a network roundtrip.

> Any concerns on the behavioral change initially proposed in the meantime? Should we hold
back on the merge or can we go ahead?