openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Chetan Mehrotra <chetan.mehro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposing Ballerina Runtime for OpenWhisk
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2018 15:37:56 GMT
Ballerina language looks very interesting with it GUI Composer support
[1]. Probably in future it can be leveraged to compile a composition
integrating various actions.

@Malith - Any details on memory characteristics of the runtime (Docker
image size, memory foot print of runtime etc)

Chetan Mehrotra
[1] https://github.com/ballerina-platform/ballerina-lang/tree/master/composer

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 6:02 PM, Matt Rutkowski <mrutkowski@apache.org> wrote:
> Thanks Malith and Rodric!
>
> It is very exciting to be getting runtime contributions from the community.
>
> -mr
>
> On 2018/07/08 22:12:05, Rodric Rabbah <rodric@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Malith
>>
>> I’ve made a number of updates to the runtime test framework as part of documenting
runtime integration (merged as [1]). These are in a PR that I hope gets merged in the next
day or two. I can send a PR [2] to your repo to update the tests for the new interface (I
think you’ll find it cleaner, and also tests a few more scenarios).

>> I think we can add even more tests over time (which reduces the amount of code one
has to write to test their runtime).

>> I will open infra tickets for new repos for Ballerina and the Ruby runtime. It’ll
be great to have both. I see Kubeless already has Ballerina support and OpenFaas, Ruby.