openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Dominic Kim <style9...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposing Lean OpenWhisk
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2018 11:40:35 GMT
Dear David.

This is an awesome idea!!

Is this to control IoT devices programmatically?
If yes, there would be many different types of IoT devices especially in
terms of their capabilities such as lighting sensors, thermometer, robot
cleaner, and so on.

Then do you have anything in mind to take care of heterogeneous sets of
edge nodes?
There is a possibility that some actions should only run on thermometers,
while the others should run on lighting sensors.

If you are trying to install "one-for-all" OpenWhisk cluster rather than
having separate OpenWhisk clusters for each device types, how will you
manage heterogenous container pools and properly assign relevant actions to
them?

Best regards,
Dominic