openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: should we enable signed commits on our github repos?
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2018 14:58:33 GMT
On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 4:47 PM Matt Rutkowski <mrutkows@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> .. thought I was endorsing the Apache release process we have been working
> on in accordance with Apache policies... did you read into that statement
> otherwise?...

Apparently yes, sorry about that...I understood "tagged releases" to
just mean "tagging something on GitHub".

OTOH some https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-*/releases are
happening which can be confusing - I think the role of those needs to
be clarified (*) at least so that PPMC members know what is what and
don't put themselves at risk.

Is there an "OpenWhisk release management" page somewhere already, or
should one be created ?

-Bertrand

(*) Test releases and nightly builds are ok for Apache projects but
there are some restrictions on how they are advertised, see
http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#host-rc