openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Malith Munasinghe <mpmunasin...@gmail.com>
Subject Proposing Ballerina Runtime for OpenWhisk
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2018 10:14:21 GMT
*Hi All, I have initiated this thread to introduce Ballerina [1] Language
Runtime for OpenWhisk. Ballerina is a simple programming language whose
syntax and platform address the hard problems of integration. Ballerina is
a general purpose, concurrent, transactional, statically and strongly typed
programming language with both textual and graphical syntaxes. Its
specialization is integration - it brings fundamental concepts, ideas and
tools of distributed system integration into the language and offers a type
safe, concurrent environment to implement such applications. These include
distributed transactions, reliable messaging, stream processing, workflows
and container management platforms.The implementation of the OpenWhisk
language runtime for Ballerina (0.975.0) can be found in repository [2] and
relevant docker image can be found in [3]. I would like to donate this to
Apache Incubator OpenWhisk project as a new Runtime. Please share your
thoughts on necessary actions to be taken to contribute this code to
OpenWhisk project. [1] https://ballerina.io/ <https://ballerina.io/> [2]
https://github.com/mpmunasinghe/openwhisk-runtime-ballerina
<https://github.com/mpmunasinghe/openwhisk-runtime-ballerina> [3]
https://hub.docker.com/r/mpmunasinghe/balaction/