openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From TzuChiao Yeh <su3g4284zo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal on a future architecture of OpenWhisk
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2018 14:16:14 GMT
Hi Markus,

Yes, I agree that storing activation records should be a separated
discussion. Pipe activation records into logging system (elasticsearch,
kibana) will be cool!

But I think I'm not asking these now though, however, thanks for pointing
these out, looks interesting.

I think I got some misunderstanding. Originally, I considered some edge
cases once invoker got failed during responding back with active-ack, but
there's no recovery/retry logic from now (therefore so-called best-effort).
However, whether supporting stronger execution guarantee may not be
discussed here now, but this indeed will be different mechanism if we
bypassing Kafka or not.

Thanks for answering me anyway,
Tzuchiao