openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Farwell, James C" <james.c.farw...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Add support for microkernels instead of containers
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2018 20:10:32 GMT
Markus Thoemmes found my question on StackOverflow, and suggested I post it here;

I am trying to customize OpenWhisk to call a microkernel from the Invoker, rather than Docker.
Is there an effort underway currently to add this support, or a development guide covering
the changes I would need to make? My current understanding of the code is that this will be
a substantial project.

Is there guidance available on how to move away from the concept of containers? Or will I
be better off treating a microkernel as an abstracted type of container?
Thanks,

--James