openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Michele Sciabarra <mich...@sciabarra.com>
Subject Re: MiniWhisk: what you think?
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2018 19:16:34 GMT
Indeed after thinking about my idea was to try to extend the invoker.py
to serve urls, and add a —watch feature so if files are modified then
they are zipped and sent to the runtime as /init. Since the go runtime
compiles already I think it is better to leave the compilation to the
runtime. Another interesting feature of the goproxy is that it supports
the “unnecessary” multiple initializations so it should ne able to do
incremental compilation at least for go code.Another interesting feature that I am ‘stealing’
from the openwhisk
shell is support for debuggers. I will try to make available delve if I
can. I suppose it is just enough to be able to run the  client
executable with delve and expose the debugger port.  I think the
openwhisk shell is awesome for node but I want something specific for go
that works with vscode, and let me run tests on the code as I develop
it. And also the go debugger now.I plan to write the miniwhisk for now in Python, as part
of the examples
for go. Then eventually rewrite it in go if it proves interesting enough
to became a standalone tool.
Thoughts?

--
  Michele Sciabarra