openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Matt Rutkowski" <mrutk...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk 0.9.0-incubating
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2018 15:22:23 GMT
Thank Carlos for your assessment based upon Bertrand's detailed review.

>> Yeah the renaming of the scala packages, should not be a show stopper
but
>> we should open an issue in the release repo to track.
>> Also needs some coordination for own modules that depends on it and
>> downstreams.

agree. can this be an issue we open now and address

>> We can release 0.9.0, and after release we can published to maven and
repos
>> and downtreams that depend on it we can pin in gradle to pull 0.9.0
until
>> the package get's rename to org.apache.openwhisk.*

agree (here and on an earlier reply), can schedule time for that in the
next 1-2 months looking at known priorities.

>> I agree with Bertrand about license check,
>> There should be a simple way that anyone outside the openwhisk
community
>> can download the tgz, extract and follow simple steps to run the
license
>> scanner against the content of the tgz

We have good independent documentation on our release repo. for
running/configuring RAT and Scancode, perhaps we need to surface it better
and perhaps specifically document specific steps against the .tgz
artifacts?

and help me, what changes that have so far been identified would warrant a
new rc? .scala file name changes?

-mr

ps. like the implied familiarity/cool factor of using 2 letters to
signoff, but still makes me feel maybe too anonymous...

Yeah the renaming of the scala packages, should not be a show stopper but
we should open an issue in the release repo to track.
Also needs some coordination for own modules that depends on it and
downstreams.
We can release 0.9.0, and after release we can published to maven and
repos
and downtreams that depend on it we can pin in gradle to pull 0.9.0 until
the package get's rename to org.apache.openwhisk.*

I agree with Bertrand about license check,
There should be a simple way that anyone outside the openwhisk community
can download the tgz, extract and follow simple steps to run the license
scanner against the content of the tgz

-cs

https://dist.apache.org/repos/

https://github.com/apache/incubator-