openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Rodric Rabbah <rod...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk 0.9.0-incubating
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2018 12:52:11 GMT

> On Jun 22, 2018, at 8:18 AM, Vincent S Hou <shou@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> I mean if only release this go client code, there is nothing we can run it against.

And that is entirely fine per all the ASF docs I’ve read. Is there a requirement that the
code must be functional in some extended capacity?

The ASF docs point out verification steps but none include actually running anything from
what I’ve learned so far.

I don’t think Bertrand, Rob, or I are saying not to release all 13 but rather go through
with just 1 repository first end to end.

The Apache motto is release early release often, no?

-r