openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk 0.9.0-incubating
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2018 13:23:29 GMT
I will take Bertrand's mentorship advice and release 1 module

This is just to go thru the ASF release process and voting.
To verify that the source code is free from legal problems, and follows all
the legal requirements

We just need to go thru one round with the IPMC and explain that this is
our first practice run to get the go-client 0.9.0 module
Stating that this module is part of a larger suite that will come after

Not required, but if folks want to test something about the code in the
single tgz they can run the go tests (this will compiled and run go unit
tests)

And then follow with the other 12 modules same version 0.9.0 as their
initial version for each module.

Take into account we can separate what we communicate to the outside
OpenWhisk end user community as a downloadable, deployable openwhisk
platform stack.
For example I will hold off a blog post and twitter announcement, until we
have a full suite of modules blessed/released and in the ASF dist download
site, and have a single page on the webstie (openwhisik.apache.org), that
end users that want to download and install the serverless platform stack,
can go there and and be able to download all the modules and deploy them
together, or pick one of the modules if they only need one.

--cs