openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Please review our project's draft Apache Incubator June board report
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2018 14:20:47 GMT
On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 4:04 PM, Carlos Santana <csantana23@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...I think the company is referring to that to my understanding is that the
> project to graduate should have at least 3 companies sponsoring the
> project...

It's not exactly that. To graduate, a project must have "sufficient
diversity" so that it's not overly dependent on a single entity which
might lose interest and cause the project to stop.

That diversity is generally defined by having PMC members affiliated
with at least 3 different entities, which do not have to be companies
- people from two companies along with a few independents is fine.

What's most important is for all things to happen in the open, "if it
didn't happen on the dev list it didn't happen" so that anyone can
participate in decisions. My other thread about asynchronous
communications is related - it must be easy to collaborate with the
project even if one isn't working 100% on it.

-Bertrand