openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Rodric Rabbah <rod...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Implement wskadmin in scala
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2018 18:48:59 GMT
To echo Matt:

* I strongly advocate keeping the code in tools/admin, or core/tools as the
appropriate location. This is not intended for end users but for system
administrators and should have a tight coupling with the core system.

* I would give the tool a transient name for now (wsk-admin, wskadmin-cli I
do not feel strongly), and once all the functionality is subsumed, rename
it to wskadmin.

Note that the reason for the Scala implementation (in lieu of the Python
implementation for wskadmin which is otherwise perfectly fine) is to reuse
the code assets already developed the common package. These assets are used
in the core components (controller, invoker).

-r