openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Marth <mma...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: How to best run non-local tests in ASF (was: Performance tests for OpenWhisk)
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2018 14:47:57 GMT
A quick update on this:

Carlos (and others) has been working on the mechanics of getting distributed tests to run
on hardware that is managed by Infra. For this purpose we should have a couple of Infra-managed
VMs that are dedicated to OpenWhisk. Bertrand has gotten me in touch with the ASF fundraising
people to figure out the mechanics of how to transfer a donation directed at this purpose.
Will keep you posted as there's progress.

´╗┐On 09.04.18, 11:50, "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:

    On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 3:36 AM, Carlos Santana <csantana23@gmail.com> wrote:
    > ...Michael could you direct the inquiries on the infra list?...

    I think it makes sense to keep this thread here for now and dig deeper
    on the (type of) solution that Luciano has been explaining.

    Note that http://apache.org/foundation/thanks.html now includes a
    "targeted sponsors" section where companies can be recognized as
    sponsors by donating cloud services, among other options. That might
    be an additional incentive for someone to donate computing resources
    for this purpose.

    I'm happy to make connections with the ASF's VP of Fundraising if
    needed to facilitate things.

    -Bertrand