openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Rodric Rabbah <rod...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Transactionid in the ErrorResponse
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2018 15:37:51 GMT
Should we also rename “code”?

I don’t see the value in using code: 0 and changing the schema should be fine and better
in the long run.

-r

> On Apr 19, 2018, at 11:31 AM, Christian Bickel <apache@cbickel.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently working on a PR which basically moves the transactionId generation from
the controller to the entrypoint of the system. This is the nginx or a frontdoor above.
> One change in this PR is to change the format of the tid from a number to a String.
> This works pretty well except one change, that could be seen by users.
> If there is an error in our system, we return an error response with a short description
and the tid. Until now the tid was a number, so the value in the JSON has no quotes. With
this change, the response message would change, because the tid is a String.