openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Chetan Mehrotra <chetan.mehro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Implement wskadmin in scala
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2018 09:16:04 GMT
> (wskadmin) could become more heavy weight

Yes thats a concern and Python dev is more light weight. I would still
prefer Python for ad hoc tooling required for one off tasks. But
anything which needs to be stable and supported properly for general
use it would be better to go for proposed approach.

> Are you considering the totality if wskadmin or a partitioning and only replacing some
of partitions?

For now the focus is on DB specific task i.e. user,limits,db. For
syslog I am not sure as I think its more dev tooling and can only work
for local setup. Other command in wskadmin on the other admin can be
used for production setups if required.
Chetan Mehrotra

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 2:36 PM, Rodric Rabbah <rodric@gmail.com> wrote:
> My initial reaction is that it (wskadmin) could become more heavy weight (small changes
becomes longer edit, compile iterations) - case in point the wsk cli in Python vs Go... but
weighed against the benefits Chetan outlined with potential for a lot of shared code with
the backend cannot be discounted.

> I’m not familiar with oak-run and will take a look to educate myself.
>
> Are you considering the totality if wskadmin or a partitioning and only replacing some
of partitions? (I understood the former, just making sure.)