openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Travis runs for test involving access to Cloud Services requiring secret access key
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2018 11:14:58 GMT
Hi Chetan

I proposed a new option 3 :-)

We can configure Travis to skip this tests when the build is on PR and run the tests when
build is on master branch.

So creating a new gradle task for it testLeanPR

The same for doing the decryption of the secret will be done only when is not a PR build.

We already do this and I can work with you to setup I know I have some repos doing this for
ibmfunctions and I think wskdeploy also has similar Travis setup using credentials

If you do this configuration your PR will be green and will be able to merge it into master.

In terms running the tests on your branch on your fork for the PR, you can setup your fork
to run the Travis tests and share the link as comment on the PR pointing to the Travis build
passing and running the tests.

With that then I think we can feel confident and merge the PR and the tests will run again
in master branch in main repo.

- Carlos Santana
@csantanapr