openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From 김동경<dominic....@navercorp.com>
Subject RE: Performance tests of OpenWhisk
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2018 10:57:13 GMT
+1 on this!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Bickel <apache@cbickel.de>
To: <dev@openwhisk.apache.org>
Sent: 2018-03-19 (월) 19:36:27
Subject: Performance tests of OpenWhisk

Hi,

performance is one of the most important goals of OpenWhisk. But in the last few weeks, we
had some performance regressions, which have not been catched fast enough.

Therefor I'm currently working on some Gatling-Tests, to stress the system and have some thresholds
for the tests, to become red if there is a performance regression.

There are also some tests in the following performance repository: https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-performance
(https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-performance).
But as performance is so important for us, I'd suggest, to add the content of the performance
repository into the core repository. In addition, I'll put the new Gatling-load-tests into
the new performance directory as well.

As far as I know, the performance repository is it's own repository, to have it's own travis.
But I don't think, that it makes much sense, to test the performance in travis, as we only
have one small machine there.

If you have some concerns on merging these two repositories just tell the reasons. Otherwise
I will go forward.

Greetings
Christian