openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Vincent S Hou" <s...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Updates of OpenWhisk Release
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2018 14:40:35 GMT

Hi OpenWhisk contributors,

Our tool to manage the release process of OpenWhisk is currently on track
and open to any tests and comments. You can access it via the link:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release.

Current status:
The tool incubator-openwhisk-release is now able to upload the source code
artifacts to the staging url in Apache:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/, with PGP
signatures. When it receives enough votes, artifacts can be moved from the
staging url to the release url:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/openwhisk/.

Tutorial:
There are two modes: manual and automated modes, supported by this release
tool. You can find the tutorial of how to release openwhisk via the link:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release/blob/master/docs/tutorial.md
.

Work items in progress:
1. We are working on the issue to package the built client binaries for
openwhisk cli and wskdeploy. The issue can be found here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release/issues/9. Both of the
cli and wskdepoy repositories can build the client cli via the cradle
command: ./gradlew releaseBinaries

2. We are implementing the naming convention for openwhisk for each
release. An issue is opened here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release/issues/61

Feel free to chime in and add your comments regarding any concerns you
have. You can either open new issues or comment on existing ones at
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release/issues, or respond to
this mail thread.

Thank you very much.

Best wishes.
Vincent Hou (侯胜博)

Advisory Software Engineer, OpenWhisk Contributor, Open Technology, IBM
Cloud

Notes ID: Vincent S Hou/Raleigh/IBM, E-mail: shou@us.ibm.com,
Phone: +1(919)254-7182
Address: 4205 S Miami Blvd (Cornwallis Drive), Durham, NC 27703, United
States