openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Ying Chun Guo" <guoyi...@cn.ibm.com>
Subject Two issues with license and notice auditing
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2018 03:27:22 GMT
Hi, team

When we are using Apache Creadur to audit licensing and notice files, we met with two problems.
I'm looking for any people who have experiences on that.

1. Apache Rat cannot acknowledge the "minified" ASF, i.e. the short format of Apache license
header, which we plan to use in the small test files.
2. Apache Tentacles cannot support tar.gz files in the staging repo.

We have solutions to bypass these two questions. For the first issue, we can put those files
with mini headers in the Rat exclusion list. For the second issue, we can use bash script
to check LICENSE and NOTICE or we can use zip format instead, other than tar.gz. But I would
like to check if there are any other suggestions to these issues. Thanks.

Best regards
Ying Chun Guo (Daisy)